Friday, July 31, 2009

Thinking of You

Happy Friday! :-) I am glad its Friday today - my husband and I are celebrating our anniversary a few days early by going to Ruth's Chris for dinner. Yum-O! We went there last year for our 1st anniversary and had a wonderful experience, so we decided to do it again!

For today's card, I am continuing with the theme of my recent obsession of 4-1/4" square, clean & simple cards. This one uses a scrap of patterned paper I made for this card several months ago. I added a sentiment from Scattered Showers and used some bling and the Upper Crest border punch to add some extra details to the card. I love this color scheme of Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise & Raspberry Fizz.

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I did want to note that this patterned paper was made using the Guidelines 2 set. After I stamped the pattern, I stamped over it by smooshing (sp?) my New Canvas ink pad on top of it to tone down the colors a bit. I love doing this - I think it yields a nice effect.

Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great day! :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI -Guidelines 2, Scattered Showers
Ink: PTI - Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise; Palette New Canvas
Paper: PTI - White, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: PTI - Summer Sunrise swiss dot ribbon; Martha Stewart - rhinestones; foam tape; Fiskars Upper Crest punch

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really cute, I so love your backgrounds.

Amy said...

Very pretty! I love that color combo--I don't have Hibiscus Burst though. Is is close to an SU pink?

Chris said...

happy anniversary...hope your dinner was better than ours!! your card is adorable, love the colors you chose!! >"<

Nancy L. said...

very cute!!