Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hey Chickie Button Birdie

Hi again! So, this month Papertrey is releasing a new set designed for you to use some buttons. I must admit that this idea was just too cute and I needed to play around with it a little - even before it comes out! :-) I made this little bird inspired by some samples that Nichole posted here.
I used an American Crafts pen to draw the beak, feet, and tail and also to write my sentiment. (I do wish I had practiced my sentiment first look at how so not straight that is! LOL) Anyway, I think its adorable! I did use some DP from Basic Grey for the wing that I edged with Chamomile ink to give it a little more definition - I did just "wing it" (hehe) when I cut out the wing. The dotted paper I had made awhile back and hadn't used yet. So, what do you think?!

Thanks for "flying" by!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics
Ink: Chamomile, Teal (some cheap-o craft store brand), Copic markers, American Crafts Slick Writer pen - black
Paper: White and Kraft card stock; Basic Grey DP (from Lemonade collection); light blue card stock from scraps)
Other: Vintage button in Aqua Mist, foam tape, Taylored Expressions sticky tape, paper trimmer, Scor-Pal

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh this is too cute! I love the sentiment. You have beautiful handwriting. Thanks for sharing!!

Krista Lucas said...

that is so cute! i love it!

Amy said...

This is adorable! Guess I don't need the button set after all--IF, that is, I can doodle as well as you!

Banu said...

WOW this is very very pretty :)

Sara Paschal said...

LOVE IT, great job!