Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raspberry Suite #12 + FTL #51

Happy Tuesday! I got a chance to play around with some challenges again today. I am combining a color challenge and a sketch challenge for this one. Dawn McVey always has some great color combinations that most of us wouldn't dare try outside of a challenge! This week, she asked use to use Cream, Moss, Dark Pink & Dark Red. Check out her inspiration photo here.

The sketch challenge is from a great blog called clean&simple. This week's sketch looked like fun, so I gave it a whirl. Here's a link to the original sketch.

For my card, I started with a piece of Spring Moss and stamped some flourishes on it in Spring Moss ink. I actually don't have the top note die yet, but I had a die cut from a swap so I traced the shape and cut it out by hand. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I used Fresh Snow ink to give the cream piece some pattern with tiny dots from Polka Dots 2. Next, I created another ribbon flower, similar to the one in this post, but with an added layer underneath. The leaves are pieces of Spring Moss dipped in Spring Moss ink and rumpled up. Here's a closer view of the flower and you can kind of see the pattern on the cream piece in this one if you squint real hard! LOL
Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you think of these ribbon flowers!

Supplies Used (all PTI):
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Scattered Showers, Polka Dots 2
Ink: Fresh Snow, Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel, Chamomile
Paper: Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss
Accessories: Vintage Cream button, twine, Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, Scarlet Jewel satin ribbon

7 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE the ribbon flower! Great card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a sweet ribbon and button accent. Way to rock the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Natasha said...

Wow! The ribbon flower is gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

I think the ribbon flower is a hit! Beautiful card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!! tfs!!

Chris said...

cute card! i think your ribbon flowers ROCK!!

Heather P. said...

This card is so pretty!! Awesome job with the sketch! :)