Thursday, July 16, 2009

CPS124

Hey y'all! Hope you're having a great day. I can't believe the summer is going by soooo fast! It's crazy. But I guess times flies when you're having fun and I am definitely having fun not working all summer! LOL

Anyway, this week's sketch at CPS is pretty easy. Not too many layers and shapes to contend with. I am on a Unity kick right now - basically making myself use them since they are just sitting around. If you've been coming here long, you know that I am a PTI girl through and through. But I do have some Unity and SU! in my stamp inventory. So, I am making a point to use my neglected stamps this week.
I really love making my own patterned paper and this card shows that. I started with the cute little strawberry candy image and stamped it in rows. I colored the berries with red and olive Copic markers and went along the inside of the wrappers with a pink Copic marker to add a little something. Once I got the panel on the card, I went back with a sweet Sakura glitter pen to add some bling to the berries and sentiment. (I think next time I will made the candy cut out on horizontal instead of off kilter a bit now that I think about it.) If you click on the image you can see the glitteryness a little better! :-) Tip: Using a glitter pen is a quick & easy way to add some bling with the mess of glue and glitters/powders!

I really love this layout - so easy and you can use it for many different looks by changing the patterned paper, color scheme and sentiment or whatever on the corner. I hope to play around with it again soon! I even think this color schme would be great for Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Unity KOTM March 09
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy
Accessories: PTI Sweet Blush grosgrain ribbon, Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen in Clear Star
Other: Paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, scissors, foam tape, Taylored Expressions sticky tape

No comments: