Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back tracking to SPCC #4

TGIF folks! :-) The other day I posted a card for Samantha's Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Challenge. Samantha has posted some great color combos in the 6 weeks that she has been up and running with it. Since she is looking for some DT folks and her past color combos are ones I hadn't tried before, I thought I'd back track a bit to one of the color challenges she threw before I found her. Color Combo #4 is made up of SU! Glorious Green, Summer Sun and Pink Passion and this one may become a new favorite. In fact, I LOVE how this card turned out!
I started with the butterflies from the Great Friend set. I stamped them in Summer Sun and edged around them (rock and roll technique) with Pink Passion to add something a little extra before stamping them onto white paper. I cut them out and then cut out a larger butterfly in pink for each using the original as a guide for the shape and size. This is a great way to make layered embellishments when you don't have a die cut readily available! I then stamped some polka dots (love me some dots!) in Glorious Green and then the rest of the layers are pretty simple - rectangles with a torn edge along the bottom. The butterflies are adhered with small foam tape squares and they have little adhesive pearls running down the middle for their little bodies. This actually came together pretty quickly - its a relatively easy layout and card. You just need a little patience for cutting out the butterflies. :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: SU! Great Friend; PTI Polka Dot Basics
Ink: SU! Summer Sun, Pink Passion, Glorious Green
Paper: PTI White & Raspberry Fizz; SU! Summer Sun, Glorious Green
Accessories: PTI Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon; Martha Stewart adhesive pearls
Tools/Other: Paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, scissors, foam tape, Taylored Expressions sticky tape

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

Congrats on the HM over on PTI! I recognized your beautiful card from our CP sketch a couple weeks back.

Mary G. said...

WOW!!! LOVE your color combination!!!! Beautiful card!