Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Card Patterns #22 & SPCC #5

Hi again! I am back with a card I made for the Card Patterns Sketch #22! This card is actually a dual duty card as I am also attempting a new color challenge with this card (see below). Here it is ...
I decided to use some scraps to make this distressed flower. I hand cut a flower and then used it as a pattern to trace the bottom two larger layers - this is easier than guessing the size as you freehand cut them out! :-) I wrinkled each flower layer and then added a flourish image on top in some brown ink. I used a nice size button from PTI's Aqua Mist vintage button collection to secure the layers together. I decided to stamp a sentiment from the Scattered Showers stamp set - I just love the font that Dawn used when designing this set! :-) For the kraft layer, I ripped a piece of paper I had laying on my desk, wrinkled it a bit and stamped another flourish. I must say that I used to not like twill ribbon, but PTI's is really great and ties nice bows.

The new color combo challenge is hosted by Samantha over at Scrapmasters Paradise Color Combos (SPCC). This week's challenge (Combo #5) uses the new SU! In Colors - Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Soft Suede. I haven't gotten the new In Colors paper yet, so I guessed on the colors and chose to use PTI Aqua Mist, Kraft, and Hibiscus Burst to capture the same feeling. Hope it worked! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Scattered Showers
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: Aqua Mist, Kraft, Hibiscus Burst; Basic Grey Lemonade (darker aqua color)
Accessories: Dark Chocolate twill, Aqua Mist button; twine
Tools/Other: Paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, sticky tape (Taylored Expressions), scissors

13 comments:

suzARTe said...

this card is lovely. Your take on the colour combo is fantastic, looking forward to getting my creation done for this week

thescrapmaster said...

Great job Chrissy! I like your flower the best. Thanks so much for playing along :O)
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

Beverley said...

Beautiful Card :)

whoistracy said...

Beautiful Chrissy! Love that torn edge. I need to do that on my cards more as I love the earthy look it lends. So glad you could join us on CP again.

Laurel said...

Very pretty, love the flower! Thanks for playing with us at CP.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. Great flower!

Mara Campbell said...

Love that tied ribbon!!

Stacy Milford said...

Great card! I love the torn edge!

Lalo said...

So cute. I liked this color combo. I have an award up on my blog for you. Enjoy {HUGS}

Joan said...

Pretty card! Love the layered flower!

Raechelle Bellus said...

such a pretty card!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Nice card! I love tearing pp too. Pretty flower.

Lynn said...

your card is very pretty! i love the flower. thanks for the tutorial on how you made it. I get so frustrated when someone makes something I love, and I am left wondering how they made it! lol
so thanks for the info. i'll have to give it a try!