Monday, July 13, 2009

Fall To Layout #50 and Quick Monogram card

Howdy! I promised I'd be back with some cards tonight. I made a lot of cards tonight ... finally finishing that order of 40 assorted cards. I kept all of them pretty clean and simple. I thought I'd share a few of them with you tonight.

The first one follows the Fall to Layout #50 from the clean&simple blog. I really enjoy this sketch blog since the sketches are really easy to use and customize. Some sketch blogs just have too many layers and complicated shapes. If you are just starting out I would definitely suggest starting with these! :-)

I used the floral image from PTI's Everyday Classics and stamped it in Plum Pudding on Spring Rain card stock. I used the sentiment from Vintage Picnic and I like that I used it in the main panel instead of underneath - it just wasn't the right size to go underneath. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Some punching and ribbon and that's all she wrote! :-)

For my next card, I used two letter die cuts that I have had sitting around. These are glitter letters from Making Memories. I used some for some other cards that I will show you later this week - but when you are looking for quick and easy, I highly suggest using stickers and/or die cuts for big sentiments or monograms.

I decided to pair this teal colored letter with Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, and Ocean Tides card stock. The colors look more white and black in the photo, but they are really cream and dark gray. If you look closely or zoom in you can see that I added 6 horizontal scored lines on the card to give it some added interest - again, better seen in real life! (Sorry!) I also distressed the panels too. I like these and think they would be fun and easy little "any time" gifts for a friend or coworker. The letter set I got had two of each letter in the set, so you could make pairs of cards.

Well, that is all for now. There are several other sketches I hope to get to this week and I have more of my assorted clean and simple cards to show you later this week. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Thank You Card
Stamps: Everyday Classics, Vintage Picnic
Ink: Plum Pudding
Card stock: White, Spring Rain, Plum Pudding
Accessories/Tools: Plum Pudding Swiss Dot ribbon, SU! Scallop Edge punch, paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, Taylored Expressions sticky tape

J Monogram Card:
Card stock: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow
Accessories/Tools: Making Memories Alpha Bright Glitter die cuts, Socr-Pal, paper trimmer, Taylored Expressions sticky tape, edge distresser tool

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful, both are awesome creations. Going to have to case your top one ;)

Natasha said...

Beautifully done!