Sunday, July 26, 2009

Funky Flower

Hiya! Thanks to all of you who swung by during the PTI Blog Hop yesterday and today - I have loved reading all your sweet comments about my bookmarks! :-) I spent most of today sewing letter shirts. I have two orders that must go out by the end of the week ... big orders ... a total of like 71 shirts! But about 10:30 tonight I got to a good stopping point, had had enough, and decided to try out a new distressed flower technique that I spotted here. They are really easy and fun. Although, I will admit that all the distressing is a little aggravating! :-)
For my flower, I used some My Mind's Eye paper and I used a 2" x 6" strip for this flower. Note - I did start with a full 12" piece, but it seemed really bulky so I cut it in half. I also couldn't find my stapler, so I just sewed a few lines with my machine to hold the pieces together. I made good use of some Melon Berry buttons on this one. No room for a sentiment, but I think its nice to not have one on the front sometimes so you can just write whatever on the inside. :-) Does anyone else feel a little wierd about making a card with no sentiment on the front? I have "lack of sentiment anxiety" sometimes! LOL

This is also a new color combo for me ... I was inspired by Dawn's Pink Series. I was a little scared at first, but the patterned paper really helps bring it all together and I think it turned out pretty well. I don't know about you, but sometimes I have to remind myself of what Stacy & Clinton say about outfits - the pieces don't have to match, they just have to go! LOL

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think of this little card with the "funky flower!" :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush & Melon Berry cardstock, patterned paper (My Minds Eye)
Ink: PTI Chamomile
Accessories: PTI Melon Berry grosgrain & vintage buttons, DMC cream floss

6 comments:

Amy said...

Adorable! Love the flower and the colors.

Unknown said...

What a CUTE flower, love it!

Krista Lucas said...

that's really cute!

Banu said...

WOW...awesome. That is indeed a lot of distresing. but the final effect is sure nice.

Chris said...

this is very pretty! i also have sentiment anxiety!! >"<

Unknown said...

Lovin' the funky flower, very creative!
Blessings,
Kim xXx