Saturday, July 18, 2009

Copics & Lemonade

Hi all! I received some cute Melinda images by Whiff of Joy from a fellow Wish RAK member on Splitcoaststampers yesterday. This little girl is so sweet and she seemed like an image one of my best friends would love so I whipped up this card just for her. She is starting a new job next week and we all know that can be a little nervewracking, so I wanted to send her some encouragement. I really enjoy coloring images and I have always enjoyed coloring even as a kid. My parents tell me when I was little I used to say I wanted to be an "artist with colors" when I grew up! For this card, I started with paper from the Basic Grey Lemonade paper pad, which is how I picked the colors for this image. I used my Copic markers and a glittery Sakura Gelly Roll pen to color the image. I distressed it around the edges with some Chamomile ink from the PTI Vintage system. I hope my friend likes this one! :-)

Hope you're having a great weekend ... thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Whiff of Joy
Ink: Copic markers, PTI Chamomile, Sakura glitter pen
Paper: DP from Basic Grey Lemonade, PTI Ocean Tides

3 comments:

Chris said...

very cute! love the image!

Amy said...

Such a pretty card--your coloring is fab!

Banu said...

Very very pretty. Your coloring is ab fab.