Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Clean & Simple Matilda

Howdy! I cannot believe tomorrow is Wednesday already! One of my fun-loving coworkers emailed me and stated "I hope you are enjoying your summer because its almost OVER!" Yea, thanks for reminding me! LOL

Anyway, a nice Splitcoast WRAK group member sent me some Stamping Bella Matilda Muffinbread images last week. I took a break from sewing yesterday to color a couple of images. I had intended to use the patterned paper on the funky flower in my previous post, but then I decided to just use polka dots! I actually really like this card and layout - nice and easy!I actually needed a couple of "flat" cards anyway. I sponsor a little girl named Liliana in Colombia through Compassion and they say you shouldn't send bulky mail since it can get caught up in customs etc. I thought she would like this cute little image - her birthday is next month - the same day as mine. I actually chose a child with my birthday so that I would always remember when it was. :-) I get letters and drawings from her several times a year, which is really fun. I think I've been sponsoring her for about 5 or 6 years now I think and its been neat to see her writing style, coloring skills, and penmanship improve as she has gotten older.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great week! I am sooo jealous of those who are able to go to CHA in Orlando! One day I will be there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stamping Bella - Matilda Muffinbread; PTI - Everyday Classics, Polka Dot Basics 2
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Sakura glitter pen
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip; PTI Aqua Mist

3 comments:

Amy said...

So cute--Liliana will love it!

Unknown said...

this is adorable! Love this image! It is so compassionate of you to sponsor a child, God Bless You!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

How fun for you your little girl is going to LOVE IT! I like how you used the polka dots 2 on this card, great job!