Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SPCC #6

Howdy! Samantha over at Scrapmaster's Paradise has a weekly color challenge. I played last week and I really enjoyed the color combo she challenged us with this week - she asked us to use SU! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Rich Razzleberry. So, I dug out some scraps and went to work. I started by stamping this fun Unity image onto white card stock with Chocolate Chip ink. I colored in the cone with a Copic marker and added some "Razzleberry Sprinkles" with a purplelish Copic marker as well. I stamped some text onto the Baja Breeze square and created some simple borders with strips of Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss. (I did use a 3/4" circle punch to make my scallops - I wanted bigger scallops than what my border punch offered.) Once I got everything on the card, I added the sentiment and accented the word "treat" as well as the sprinkles, cherry and edges of the sentiment strip using a Sakura Clear Star glitter pen. I really like how cute and fun this turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Unity June 09 KOTM; PTI Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Copic Markers, Sakura glitter pen in Clear Star
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss; PTI White
Accessories/Tools: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, foam tape, Taylored Expressions sticky tape, SU! 3/4" circle punch, paper trimmer, Scor-Pal

11 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, I never even thought to use a punch to make a bigger scalloped border.. what a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!

Allison

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!! tfs!!

Joan said...

This is so cute!!

Stacy Milford said...

too CUTE!

Danielle said...

Awesome ice cream cone!! Love the sprinkles!!

Mara... said...

I love the glittery sprinkles! Such a great detail!!

suzARTe said...

super cute card

luvmykids2662 said...

very cute cone. I'd take two scoops of that for myself! :~)

Smiles!
Gwen

Kristin said...

Awesome card! I love everything about it.

Stephanie said...

Great card! Love it!

~kelly marie~ said...

Congrats on your SPCC win! Such a cute card! I think I might get some ice cream now! :)