Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SPCC #6

Howdy! Samantha over at Scrapmaster's Paradise has a weekly color challenge. I played last week and I really enjoyed the color combo she challenged us with this week - she asked us to use SU! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Rich Razzleberry. So, I dug out some scraps and went to work. I started by stamping this fun Unity image onto white card stock with Chocolate Chip ink. I colored in the cone with a Copic marker and added some "Razzleberry Sprinkles" with a purplelish Copic marker as well. I stamped some text onto the Baja Breeze square and created some simple borders with strips of Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss. (I did use a 3/4" circle punch to make my scallops - I wanted bigger scallops than what my border punch offered.) Once I got everything on the card, I added the sentiment and accented the word "treat" as well as the sprinkles, cherry and edges of the sentiment strip using a Sakura Clear Star glitter pen. I really like how cute and fun this turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Unity June 09 KOTM; PTI Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Copic Markers, Sakura glitter pen in Clear Star
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss; PTI White
Accessories/Tools: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, foam tape, Taylored Expressions sticky tape, SU! 3/4" circle punch, paper trimmer, Scor-Pal

10 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, I never even thought to use a punch to make a bigger scalloped border.. what a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!

Allison

Joan said...

This is so cute!!

Stacy Milford said...

too CUTE!

Daniella said...

Awesome ice cream cone!! Love the sprinkles!!

Mara Campbell said...

I love the glittery sprinkles! Such a great detail!!

suzARTe said...

super cute card

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

very cute cone. I'd take two scoops of that for myself! :~)

Smiles!
Gwen

Craftastic Life said...

Awesome card! I love everything about it.

Stephanie said...

Great card! Love it!

~kelly marie~ said...

Congrats on your SPCC win! Such a cute card! I think I might get some ice cream now! :)