Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Perfect Pear

Hi! Sorry for the lack of posting this week. Been busy at work and its been a little crazy trying to get everything done. Today was a bit of a rough day ... with a meltdown to prove it. LOL But hopefully the rest of the week will fly by and I'll be so grateful for the weekend! :-)

I made this card a few weeks ago for a magazine call, but it didn't get picked up. Regardless, I love it and look forward to giving it to a happy couple at some point. Mostly all patterned paper here with a little stamping, cutting and punching.
Stamped the pears on cream paper and colored them with Copics. All the edges of the papers were inked with Chamomile and some stitched down. To make the rings, I punched them with two different sized punches and then added some glitter around the edges with a glitter pen. In hindsight, I'd use satin ribbon, but I didn't have any at the time. Otherwise, love it.

Well I am off to bed! Hope you've all been having a great week! :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip; PTI Chamomile; Copics
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Spring Moss; Patterned Paper: PTI Bitty Box in Spring Moss; BoBunny Kitchen Spice Rosemary
Other: PTI Vintage Cream grosgrain; Sakura glitter pen; circle punches; sewing machine

4 comments:

Amy said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe they didn't pick this one. I love the soft colors and those Unity-style pears.

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my goodness I was just thinking I needed a sentiment just like that so funny! I love your card so cute!

Banu said...

Chrissy, this card is just superb....Very very nice. Loved all the details in it.

Arnold said...

Thanks for sharring this