Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Papertrey #3

Hi again ... so I mentioned previously in this post that I am showing off my "Happy Birthday to Papertrey" cards for their 3rd Anniversary contest. So, if you see this one first, please hit refresh on your browser to see what else I've had fun making today! :-)

This card is one that uses an image from Beth Silaika. You can check out her card sample and grab this great image here.I kept this card really simple ... would make a great man card or one to mass produce if you needed to. I printed the image and trimmed it down. I used some Copics to add a little something to the candle. I punched some 1/2 circles out of a New Leaf scrap and glued them on the back of the strip to create a big ole scallop border. Another scrap strip along the top and some stitching and that was that.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card! :-)

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Image from Beth Silaika for PT
Ink: Copic markers
Paper: Aqua Mist, Stampers Select White, New Leaf
Other: sewing machine; 1-3/8" circle punch

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey, Chrissy, we both chose Beth's sentiment! I love your card, very clean and well-designed. Here's mine if you want to take a peek:
My card on my blog.

If I screwed that html up, here's the raw link:
http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-digital-stamp.html

or just click on my name to get to my blog. Gonna go take another minute or 3 and check out more of your blog. :-)) xoxo

Heather P. said...

This is CAS and just fabulous!!