Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Key to My Heart

Hi yall! Back today with another card using Practicing Creativity's "Key to My Heart" set. I talked about this set in yesterday's post and mentioned the great argyle background building stamps in the set. Here's my first go at creating the argyle and I will definitely be going back to these stamps!I have been using this sketch a lot ... and you'll set it at least one more time later this week ... sorry! But its so easy and since I like making backgrounds its even easier! In the same way I made yesterday's card, I stamped the background, distressed it and layered it over a distressed red mat. The sentiment was made by stamping the key and then overstamping with the sentiment. Again with the distressing and adhering with foam tape. I added another dangling heart-shaped lock by stamped the lock, cutting it out and adding it to the bow with some twine. I really love how this turned out. :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Practicing Creativity - Key to My Heart
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Chai, Chamomile
Paper: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Other: PTI Pure Poppy Stitched ribbon, twine

6 comments:

Amy said...

Really pretty! I like the red and pink combo!

Shaz said...

Super handsome card. I like the frayed edges. Kraft is my favorite paper.

..::Paulina::.. said...

Such a cute card! Your color combo is so yummy!

Julie E said...

Great card - the argyle looks so good in those colors!!

Jen A said...

Love this! That background is awesome and that chipboard heart is so cute!

Banu said...

This stamp set is really cute and loved your card using this set.