Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mix n Match

Hope you've all had a great Saturday! I enjoyed getting to play around with some new stuff I got recently but hadn't had time to play with. Here's one of the cards I made this afternoon ...
The Melissa Frances papers are so fun ... they remind me of a beach house ... bright and a tad over-the-top for regular, non-beaching living. I did a little mixing and matching with PTI's two new $5 sets ... Fillable Frames #1 and Luck of the Irish. I stamped the frame from Luck of the Irish in Enchanted Evening once on scrap and then on white to achieve the right shade. You can see that I didn't stamp off on the sentiment from Fillable Frames #1. I layered the frame over a circle of DP and then added a hydrangea bloom that I colored with Copics and a snazzy pearl brad, which I have been hoarding forever. (Must stop hoarding.)

Lots of playing with patterned paper today ... I will be back tomorrow with my favorite card from this afternoon. See you then!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Luck of the Irish, Fillable Frames #1
Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Chai, Chamomile; Copic marker
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, White; Melissa Frances patterned paper
Accessories: PTI Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon; hydrangea bloom - Michaels; pearl brad - The Paper Studio
Other/Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch; apron lace border punch; foam tape

2 comments:

Amy said...

Super pretty!

Banu said...

Very Pretty card Chrissy. Loved the patterned paper and how you have used flowers. The earlier Deleted comment is from me. I did not realize my husband was still logged in gmail..so, I was posting comment as him :)