Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mix n Match

Hope you've all had a great Saturday! I enjoyed getting to play around with some new stuff I got recently but hadn't had time to play with. Here's one of the cards I made this afternoon ...
The Melissa Frances papers are so fun ... they remind me of a beach house ... bright and a tad over-the-top for regular, non-beaching living. I did a little mixing and matching with PTI's two new $5 sets ... Fillable Frames #1 and Luck of the Irish. I stamped the frame from Luck of the Irish in Enchanted Evening once on scrap and then on white to achieve the right shade. You can see that I didn't stamp off on the sentiment from Fillable Frames #1. I layered the frame over a circle of DP and then added a hydrangea bloom that I colored with Copics and a snazzy pearl brad, which I have been hoarding forever. (Must stop hoarding.)

Lots of playing with patterned paper today ... I will be back tomorrow with my favorite card from this afternoon. See you then!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Luck of the Irish, Fillable Frames #1
Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Chai, Chamomile; Copic marker
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, White; Melissa Frances patterned paper
Accessories: PTI Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon; hydrangea bloom - Michaels; pearl brad - The Paper Studio
Other/Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch; apron lace border punch; foam tape

3 comments:

Amy said...

Super pretty!

Rajesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banu said...

Very Pretty card Chrissy. Loved the patterned paper and how you have used flowers. The earlier Deleted comment is from me. I did not realize my husband was still logged in gmail..so, I was posting comment as him :)