Friday, February 5, 2010

Emboss Resist

Hiya! Back again to post a challenge card from PTI's anniversary celebration. Nichole showed us how to do the emboss resist technique and since I had never tried this before, I thought "I have got to try that!" :-)

Ok, let me say that I started off with a Valentine's day project and it didn't go so well. I learned that the new pigment ink works way better for sponging around the embossed images than the "old" ink style. So, after I made that revelation, I only had a few colors to choose in the new ink style. So, here's what I came up with (please excuse the terrible photo as its been raining buckets all day!) ... I stamped a medallion image from the Giga Guidelines set all over my white card stock in Versamark and added some clear embossing powder. I set it with my handy dandy embossing tool and then rubbed some Sweet Blush hybrid ink all over until I got a color that I liked.

For the sentiment, I stamped the "birthday" and "wishes" in Ripe Avocado and rubbed on more Sweet Blush and then a little Chai around the edges as well. Of course, I also distressed all the edges ... love that! A little ribbon and some foam tape under the sentiment and this was easy as pie. I think I'll go try it with hearts now and make some of those V-day cards! :-)

Thanks for stopping by to check out my project! Happy Friday y'all!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Giga Guidelines
Ink: Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Chai; Versamark
Paper: Kraft, White, Ripe Avocado
Other: Sweet Blush grosgrain; foam tape

1 comment:

Robynccgirl said...

Very pretty! Love that technique!