Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sketch Challenges...

This first card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge that she hosts every Friday. You don't have to use a Cupcake image, but I chose to this week. The cherries are colored with a glitter pen to add some sparkle. I colored the image w/ Copic markers and added some ribbon leading to the flower sentiment ... I handwrote the sentiment since I couldn't find one I liked that also fit. Obviously, I am really into this pink and green paper! haha


This next card is for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. I made the cupcake paper by repeating my stamp image and then coloring it to "go" with the dotted background paper. I added some sparkle with the glitter pen and used the sentiment from the stamp set - this is one of those $1 babies from Studio G sold at all the big box craft stores. They are sometimes not the best - they can be hard to get a good, clean impression, but it worked out great this time. I really love the swirly "wishes" under the birthday. It turned out pretty cute. And I will probably make more Cupcake paper in the future - it was kind of fun.

4 comments:

Donna Baker said...

great cupcake cards! makes me hungry for some (numnum-HA) thanks for visiting my blog today!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such yummy cupcake cards! I love the sparkle on the cherries. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Taylor said...

What cute cupcake cards! Love the pink and green color combo!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Even more gorgeous in person! Thanks for sending me this fabulous card. I love it! :)