Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pink & Green & Flop Flops ... My Fav Things


It is summertime and I LOVE some flip flops. This is hilarious because (1) I used to NEVER wear flip flops after a really embarassing fall coming down the stairs at my college dorm in front of a bunch of guys playing volleyball and (2) my husband can't stand flip flops. If I could wear flip flops to any event at any time of year I probably would. In fact, I bought flip flops for my wedding reception - white wedges w/ rhinestones. :-) Anyway. My mom and I have these wallhanging "challenges" and we based this one off a flip flop quilt in a quilting magazine (Fons & Porter May/June 2008). This is so cute and so me that I didn't want to trade this time! :-) We'll see when she finishes her version, though. Here's another photo that shows the flops a bit closer.




Basically, I used the outside border fabric as inspiration for the color scheme and went to town! Of course, I had all these bright colors already in my "stash" so it was pretty easy. My husband has caught me staring a few times and he just laughs. What can I say ... I love it!






I have done a few stamping swaps lately on Splitcoasters. One was a Bella swap and the other was for owl images. Well, for the owls I went a little overboard on the pink & green. But these little ladies are so cute w/ their hats and everything. Its perfect for my mom and her two neighbors (whose names all start with an "L")- they meet every week to craft (or lately swim in the pool) or play a game of super scrabble. I may have to make them some cards ... the sentiment is just perfect.





No comments: