Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Vintage" Paper Birthday

Here's a birthday card I made this afternoon. The patterned paper was inspired by a card that Nichole of PTI showed off in her post today. (Its the 2nd to last card in her post.) It's just too pretty so I thought I'd try it out. I made some extra pieces of this paper to use in my background swap on SCS - hope my fellow swappers will enjoy it!
I started by stamping the flower image in Melon Berry ink on quarter sheets of Vintage Cream. card stock. I went back and added the leaf image in Ripe Avocado ink and then added the Text Style background stamp over all of it in Dark Chocolate. A little bit of corner rounder action and a sentiment from Damask Designs and there you have it. I really like this paper - I will have to try it out in some other color combinations!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Card stock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Ripe Avocado
Stamps: Garden of Life, Background Basics: Text Style, Damask Designs
Ink: Melon Berry, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Melon Berry grosgrain ribbon
Other: Paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, corner rounder punch

3 comments:

Banu said...

WOW this is just way too coool...Loved the background you have created and the card as well...

Unknown said...

This one is so very pretty too! you have this vintage style going on girl!
Blessings,
Kim xx

Unknown said...

What a wonderful background, great job on that part of the swap. Can't wait to get the returns;)