Friday, June 19, 2009

PTI Swap Card

I have been swapping with the best group of gals over at SCS for several months now. They are all big PTI fans and we enjoy chatting about the products and making cards to swap. For this round, I created a card with the new Cupcake Collection stamp set. Here's my card ...This card is based off of Card Patterns Sketch #13. I didn't use the star - I used a cupcake instead! :-) I started with some Lemon Tart card stock and stamped a criss cross pattern using one of the dotted lines from Faux Ribbon in Berry Sorbet. (Tip: Using a grid line block was super helpful making my plaid mostly evenly spaced!) Then I cut some strips of Bitty Dot paper in Aqua Mist. And then I stamped the "eat cake" sentiment on a Kraft rectangle in Dark Chocolate ink. The cupcake liner was also stamped in Dark Chocolate on Kraft and the icing was stamped on white - I did add a little Copic marker to add some color and make it more interesting. A little edge distressing on the Kraft and Lemon Tart pieces and some ribbon and viola!
If you live in CA or happen to travel there and want some family photos, check out my buddy Krista from Krista Lucas Photography!

Thanks for stopping by! TGIF!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Card stock: Lemon Tart, Kraft, White
Designer Paper: Bitty Dot Aqua Mist
Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Faux Ribbon
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Copic R11 & 0
Ribbon: Berry Sorbet luxe satin
Other: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, foam tape, paper trimmer, scissors, Heidi Swapp edge distresser tool

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the images and your color combo. Great job!

Banu said...

oooh...very nice....loved the colors you have used and I really liked the way you have creatd that small background with the sentiments..that is a neat idea.