Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello Friend

Hi all! Just stopping in with a card I made using some fab Jenni Bowlin paper from my March Studio Calico kit. I just love this tile-like pattern on the paper. The color palette was a little different than my usual thing, so I had to really work at it, but I like how it all turned out. I I started with the patterned paper, which has that cool scallop on the bottom. I distressed it and the card base and then created a tag from a rectangle that was trimmed with a corner rounder. That red pinwheely paper is the reverse side of the tiled paper, so it coordinated really nicely. I used a little strip of Enchanted Evening along with the ribbon and ink to match to add a little more blue to the card. Here's a closer view of the details ...
You can see here that I added some brown ink to the flower and button to soften them up a bit. Such a fun card with all these details.

Thanks for checking in today! Hope you have a wonderful day! :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Friends til the End
Ink: PTI Chai, Enchanted Evening
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening; Jenni Bowlin patterned paper
Accessories: PTI Enchanted Evening grosgrain; jute thread (May Arts); button (PTI); foam tape; corner rounder punch

2 comments:

Banu said...

I really like how these cards turned out. Neat :)

Amy said...

Cool! I think you did a great job with this color combo--you should use it more often LOL!