Friday, March 12, 2010

Dear Lizzy ... feel better soon

Hiya! TGIF yall! This week has been long for most everyone I know ... so glad its over! Anywho, I wanted to share a quick card I made using some new fab paper. My bff mentioned she wasn't feeling well, so I decided to make a quick cheery card to drop in the mail. Apologies for the terrible photo - it was late and dark in my craft room. But, this Dear Lizzy paper from my March Studio Calico kit is so cute. Love its vintage but modern feel. Very simple card here ... some patterned paper, a distressed strip of the reverse of the paper, ribbon and a sentiment strip. So easy. I did add some blue and tea-colored ink to the sentiment and adhered it with some foam tape. Cuter in real life, I swear! :-)

In other news ... saw the Green Zone tonight. Great movie. But anythin with Matt Damon turns out to be great. (Love the Bourne movies.) Also, was very excited this morning to notice the tulip leaves are coming up! Can't wait to see my tulips again!

That's all for now folks ... I can barely hold my eyes open. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI On my Couch
Ink: PTI New Leaf, Spring Rain, Chamomile
Paper: PTI White, New Leaf card stock; patterned paper - Spring Flowering Fields (Dear Lizzy for American Crafts)
Other: PTI Berry Sorbet grosgrain; foam tape

2 comments:

Banu said...

You have been doing some wonderful things with these patterned papers...Very nice. I have not seen the movie yet. Hopefully this week.

Amy said...

Gosh this is pretty! Def. should cheer up your friend!