Sunday, May 24, 2009

Marriage Paper Quilt

Yesterday, I posted a black, white and red wedding card. Today, I am showing the framed art piece that I made for the happy couple. It went together pretty quickly, despite the little squares - the 3/4" square punch made it easy to get them all uniform! :-) (Anyone who really quilts can appreciate that statement!)

I started by stamping one of the images from Background Basics: Text Style in black onto white card stock. The dotted paper is from PTI's 2008 Bitty Dot Basics paper pack. I meant for the frame to sit horizontal, but I accidentally placed my squares with the text facing the wrong way, so I flipped it. Anyway, I added some stitching with my sewing machine, some ribbon and a sentiment and viola! I hope they will enjoy this little "quilt."

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Paper: Stampers Select White & Pure Poppy card sock, Bitty Dots DP in Pure Poppy & True Black
Stamps: Quilters Sampler, Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: Palette Noir Black
Ribbon: Pure Poppy luxe satin
Other: EK Success 3/4" square punch, Scor-Tape, 5x7 frame from Wal-Mart

No comments: