Friday, August 8, 2008

Monthly Swap - My August Card


I joined a monthly card swap on SCS. Basically, there are 6 ladies to a group and each month a different swapper "hosts" by sending images and designer paper to each of the other 5 members. We all make 6 cards and then send one card to each member.
This month, our hostess chose this purple DP and a pretty ornate rose branch stamp. (The full stamp has 2 blooms and a bud on a stem w/ a lot of leaves and is about 3" square.) This stamp image was WAY out of my comfort zone! I ended up channeling a recent card from Dawn McVey. I colored the image w/ some Copic Markers and then cut it out. And then put it all together. I can't wait to see what my other group members come up with using the same image & DP.
Materials used: Floral stamp & DP from swap, SU! River Rock CS, Moss green ribbon from my stash, SU! Wonderful Words, & SU! Chocolate Chip Ink.

No comments: