Friday, January 8, 2010

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21

Happy, happy Friday y'all! We got a 2 hour delay this morning and I sure did love sleeping a little late! :-) I got a little time today to play around a bit with my paper and stamps before I need to get back into the sewing groove. Here's Dawn's newest color challenge ...
I am not sure I would've come up with this color combo on my own, but I do love it all together! Here's my card ...

I started by stamping the triple flower image from Blooming Button Bits onto Vintage Cream card stock using Aqua Mist ink. (Anyone have any tips for using the new ink formula? I always have trouble with it.) I punched the bottom of the panel with the Apron Lace punch and rounded the corners at the top. I roughed the panel up with some Chai and Chamomile ink before adhering it to the Aqua Mist base and adding a belt of Dark Chocolate grosgrain.

Dawn put up a great video tutorial for these paper flowers ... I gave it a whirl today and added one by the bow and then stamped the "So sweet of you" sentiment from the Signature Greetings set. This is a super simple card, but would definitely make the recipient feel special!

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my card! :-)

Supplies Used (all Papertrey Ink):
Stamps: Blooming Button Bits, Signature Greetings
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Chamomile
Paper: Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream; book print
Accessories: Dark Chocolate grosgrain, Lemon Tart button; twine

10 comments:

Sherri said...

Very cute - and your puffy flower turned out great!

Amy said...

Very lovely!

Pam W. said...

Love the card. You did a great job with the puffy flower.

Gwen said...

Love this! great job with the color challenge & with the flower!!!

Sue Lelli said...

PRETTY! Love the background stamping!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet & simple yet striking card! love the flower embellie!

Dawn said...

Love your "pouffy" flower, and how the background stamping looks worn...so trendy right now!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun flower accent. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Banu said...

ooh!!!Very nice card. Loved the card and your flower accent has come out beautifully. I have been also having trouble with the new ink formation from PTI, so cannot offer much tips there. :(

Taheerah said...

How innovative to use the flowers from Blooming Button Bits as a background, I'd never thought to do that! Great card!!