Sunday, January 17, 2010

Inspired Crafters Challenge Card Sketch

Hey everyone! Some of my card swappin' friends have gotten together to create a new challenge blog called Inspired Crafters. We'll be working on Christmas cards and scrapbook pages so checkout the sketches if you are interested.

I will admit, I cheated. I was *supposed* to make a Christmas card but I chose to make a thank you card instead. Check out the sketch here. And here's my card for the ICCJan10 challenge ...I used more of my accident paper on this one ... I backed it with some latte-colored paper and adhered it to a little 3.5 x 5" Berry Sorbet card base. I really love the color scheme and how this turned out. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the whole thing is sparkly thanks to some Glimmer Mist! :-)

Hopefully, I will squeeze out a Christmas card with this sketch before the next sketch comes along! I will let you know when I do :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Blooming Button Bits, Signature Greetings
Ink: Sweet Blush, Chamomile; SU! Close to Cocoa
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream; Bazzill Basics Almond Cream
Accessories: Berry Sorbet satin ribbon; Vintage Cream button; Craft supply - twine, hydrangea bloom; Distress Stickles in Worn Lipstick; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl

2 comments:

Amy said...

"Accident paper"--you crack me up! Gorgeous card, and we are pretty relaxed over at IC--so no demerits for a thank you card!

Rebecca said...

This sketch is so fun! Even if it's not a Christmas card ;)

I actually really love what you did with it on a non-Christmas card. And your accident paper ended up very beautiful!