Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PTI February Blog Hop

Welcome to my PTI Blog Hop entry for February! I actually have 2 cards for this ... I made one and then couldn't decide if it was "spring" enough (theme for this month) but I loved it, so I made another attempt. I'll show my second card first ...
Spring to me means bright colors - dresses, Easter eggs, flowers, etc. All the pretty things ... God just shows us His wonders in the Spring and makes something out of nothing when flowers start sprouting up out of the ground and off branches. So, I made this flower card with the Friends Til the End set. I stamped one of the flower images onto Melon Berry cardstock, then colored them with Copics (R11 nad RV06). Then I used some Glossy Accents and Starlite glitter from Taylored Expressions to add some bling. I mounted the flower strip on some Raspberry Fizz and New Leaf paper with a lovely bit of Raspberry Fizz swiss dot ribbon. I wasn't sure what sentiment to add, so I left it blank for now. (Options included "Welcome Spring" or something like that ... :-)

And here's the first card I made ...Spring also seems to mean baby bumps! haha It seems like everyone huddled in during the cold holiday season and so Spring brings lots of baby showers! I made this card for just such an occasion. I love this color scheme - Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, and Dark Chocolate. I stamped the Lemon Tart card stock with Melon Berry ink using Polka Dot Basics to make my "fabric". Then I used the Quilters Sampler Additions to make the blocks. I colored them with Copics and put the rest together. I made the sentiment with a mixture of Mixed Messages and Simple Alphabet. I really love this card - I hope you do too! Tomorrow, I will post another card made with a similar design but a different sentiment.

Thanks for hopping by my blog! :-)

Supplies Used (All Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted):
Flower Card:
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Stampers Select White
Stamps: Friends Til the End
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Copic markers
Ribbon: Raspberry Fizz swiss dot
Other: SU! scallop edge punch, Glossy Accents, Taylored Expressions Starlite Glitter, Scor-Pal


Baby Card:
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry Stampers Select White
Stamps: Quilters Sampler Additions, Simple Alphabet, Mixed Messages
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Copic markers
Ribbon: Melon Berry luxe satin
Other: SU! scallop edge punch, EK Success 3/4" square punch

27 comments:

the four of us said...

ooh, i love them both! they're definitely spring-y in different aspects. two thumbs up!

Bonnie said...

Both cards are so springy!! And I agree, there is something in the water - babies all over the place this year! Isn't it fun??!!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love them both. The colors are awesome!

Natasha said...

These are both beautiful!

BethieJ said...

OH both cards are wonderful!! LOVE the color combos!! Great job!
Happy Blog Hoppen!

AKiteFlier said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E - both of them - and yes they are springy for sure - and how completely different from each other - I sometimes get in a "rut" of sorts and everything starts to look the same LOL.

Jessica said...

They're both so pretty! Great colors!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Very cute cards! i love the big tied bow on the first one and the grid design on the second is perfect!!

karla said...

Very pretty...Love your color choices!

Regan said...

so cute, great projects

Sharon said...

These are both fantastic!! I was thinking "gardening" when I saw the second one until I read the tag :-)

Unknown said...

These are great - I chuckled at the 'baby bumps' comment :) Fun times!

Gwen said...

Oh I think they are both fantastic...totally look like spring!!!

Lizzie Jones said...

Both cards are great! Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

they are both very beautiful cards!!

Marge said...

Both creations are great!!!

Cheryl said...

I like both cards, because your color combos are so wonderful.

Melissa said...

They are both great! I love the first one for the fresh colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are just beautiful!

Deanna said...

So pretty, awesome job on both cards!

peggysue said...

Wow, the colors are so bright in the first one, they really pop! And what great inspiration using the quilt squares, I enjoy that set so much, glad to see you do too!

Kim said...

Both cards are lovely - you're right about Spring baby bumps!

Kimberly said...

I like how the flower is just slightly darker than the cardstock. Both are really pretty.

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful cards Chrissy! Love the quilted look of the second one!

Jen Caputo said...

beautiful cards! love the bright colors, makes me wish the weather was warmer :)

Anonymous said...

Definately Spring for baby bumps...=) Love both cards! The flower one is so bright and cheerful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creations, both of them. I don't think I could pick a fave one. Great job!