Saturday, September 4, 2010

Many Thanks

Hey y'all! :-) Sorry its been a few days ... being back at work is some work, let me tell ya! :-) Last night I decided to try and whip up some scrappy cards and I was able to make a few relatively quickly. I've been trying to cut and score an extra card base when I am making a card and keeping those handy, which I find helps when I want to make something but don't have a lot of time or want to drag all my stuff out. Here's one of the ones I made ...I really like this cutie square card. The bright colors just seem fun. I did cut into a new sheet of paper for the background, but otherwise used scraps or precut stuff. I distressed all the edges with ink and a distresser tool as well.

Here's a question ... how do you all attach your buttons? I find that when I take the time to actually stitch them to the paper I like it much better than just using a glue dot or some sticky tape.

So far, I am enjoying the holiday weekend. I stopped at Joann's today to get a few quilting supplies and met my mom there. They have terrible service, but its really the only big box sewing store and so sometimes its unavoidable. But having my mom to chat with during all the waiting around made it more bearable. We also had lunch together and then I came home and decided to overhaul my sewing room/craft disaster/office. So far its better ... needs a little more work, but is definitely a million times better than it was this afternoon! I am also enjoying some football too! :-)

Well that is it for me for now. Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend thus far. Talk to you soon! :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Fillable Frames #1 (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!), Chai (PTI)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI); Giving Floral from So Sophie Family Ties Collection (My Minds Eye), Daydream from 365 Degrees Collection (Pink Paislee); paper flower from Seamstress Bouquet Paper Whimsies collection (Sassafras)
Other: Simply Chartreuse ribbon, Sweet Blush button, twine (PTI)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love your scrappy cards, Chrissy! Great colors on this one! I like to stitch my buttons, but then I adhere them with a glue dot.... Havn't really tried sewing them on too many times...that would involve getting out my piercer and such, plus I like that the back of the card still looks nice when you use the glue dots.