Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friends for Life

Happy Saturday people! I finally got a chance to play with the new Guidelines II set and I think I love it more than the first. :-) Here's my first card with it ...
I had a Lemon Tart card base already made so I decided to free form a pattern with some Palette New Canvas ink - which is like a white but not overly intense. So, it creates a soft pattern. Love it! I then went back and added some Martha Stewart white pearl stickers to the centers of each stamped emblem. I made the tag with a circle punch and used the Life set to stamp the sentiment. Added some Hibiscus Burst grosgrain and a little hemp twine and viola! I really like how pretty it is in person (better than the photo) while still being a really simple card. Here's a closer shot of the tag.Well, that is about it for now. Back to sewing letter shirts - appropriate for this card's sentiment ... My sorority sisters and I are friends for life! :-)

Supplies Used (all by Papertrey Ink unless noted):
Card stock: Lemon Tart, Stampers Select White
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, New Canvas
Stamps: Guidelines II, Life
Ribbon: Hibiscus Burst grosgrain
Other: MS pearl stickers, hemp twine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love how you put the little pearls on each flower. This is such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Love the lemon tart and the new canvass, the pearls in the centers are beautiful. What a fab job girl, you are on a roll.