Friday, June 12, 2009

Color Inspiration #54

Happy Friday! It feels like the weekend to me since today was the first day of summer vacation for me and husband also took the day off. We enjoyed a movie and late lunch and then I got to play around in my office! Here's my take on Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #54. I started with a 4.25" square card base - I did distress the edges a bit. I ripped some card stock circles and folded them all up to make some rumply flowers and used the same process to make the leaves. I added some teal dots with a Copic marker - kind of reminded me of the orchid I saw at Home Depot today. A little button, ribbon and a happy birthday sentiment and there you have it.

Thanks for dropping by! :-)

Supplies Used:
Card stock: PTI Spring Rain, New Leaf, Stampers Select White; SU! Tangerine Tango
Ink: Ink It Up in Turquoise; Copics BG49, BG09
Stamps: PTI Faux Ribbon
Accessories: SU! Fresh Snow ribbon and button, DMC floss
Other: Paper trimmer, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser tool, scissors

6 comments:

Chris said...

very pretty! love the flower!

Unknown said...

This card is great also! I love your little flowers! :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a fun homemade flower. Fabulous job on the color challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stacey Schafer said...

darling!

Winter said...

Cute! Love the flower! I have been wanting to try on of those! :)

Angela (SCS monekeymama) said...

Wow! I am really loving this color combo, Chrissy! Gorgeous card!